Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What she says...

Here are few things that Enna-Marie says when she talks to us:

Mom: "Enna-Marie can you help me?"
EM: "Of course mom, I can help you".

Mom: "Thank you sweety."
EM: "You're welcome!"

One time EM sneezed and no one said anything. She said, "Mama can you say bless you to me, please?"

When EM learns mama is sad, she tells her...
EM: "Mama, I will make you happy". Then she pats her face or shoulder.

Before bath time EM asks papa: "Can I have some bubbles and can I wash my hair?".
Papa: "Can you ask mama if it's okay."
EM: "M-o-o-o-m...Can I wash my hair and can I have some bubbles?"
Mom didn't answer as she is busy doing something in the kitchen.
But EM goes back to papa anyway and said: "My mom said it's okay." :-)!

In the morning when she wakes up, she happily tells us...
EM: "I slept by myself. I don't need mama and papa." (meaning she slept by herself in her own bedroom and didn't go to mama and papa's bedroom)

Each night before she sleeps, she asks her mom: "Can you give me a massage? Mama nods her head as a sign that she's in agreement with her. Then while getting a massage and hearing some lullabies, she turns to mama and says: "I want to give you a hug and a kiss." And then she says the beautiful words: "I Love You!" (sometimes "I Love You So Much!") ... :-) :-) :-)!

EM knows that it is good to share a toy, food, book, anything we have. So when a friend (or classmate) of hers shared something with her, she reports to mama or papa: "My friend _____ shared with me today. That's nice." Then she goes..."because Abdul-Baha said we should share." And vice versa when she happens to share something with a friend, auntie or uncle, she reports the same to us.

1 comment:

Mutaleni said...

Wonderful!!!

This is beautiful. It's amazing how early all of this starts. Your daughter has a beautiful character!

Love Mutaleni