Thursday, October 25, 2007

Visit of Siila, Jabez and Fetaui

Siila Knight with husband Jabez and daughter Fetaui recently visited us at home. They were here for their nine day pilgrimage. Just a flashback, when I came to the World Centre more than nine years ago, Siila from Samoa and Jabez from Barbados were serving here as well. That same year, I had a privilege to be part of the "Pacific Night", a presentation of different dances and songs from the Pacific, thanks to Siila for teaching me this traditional hawaiian dance, very simple but a beautiful dance. I kept with me the practice tape, traditional costume and video that she gave me as souvenirs. I remember before they finished their services, they had a beautiful baby girl named Fetaui. Now she's 8 1/2 years old, people she meets get attracted to her sweet, happy and gentle personality. Enna-Marie and I for instance didn't want her to go when it's time to leave our place after we had lunch together (Maarten by the way couldn't join us as he was busy meeting with some consultants who were in town). You can see from the photos below that they really played/liked each other. Thank you for that short visit Siila, Jabez and Fetaui and for the parenting experiences and advices you shared with me.











Siila and I at the Pacific Night more than nine years ago...

No comments: