An attempt after lunch to let Menchie's ID card mysteriously disappear so that Kurt could later "find" it and call her to come and get it from his home failed miserably, and so I had almost resigned to the fact that this year there would be no real surprise. We went to the Shrine after work to say some prayers, and on the way to "dinner in a restaurant of Menchie's choosing" I suddenly turned the car on to Hillel street and stopped in front of Kurt's place. As I was thinking of just telling her we weren't going to go to a restaurant but instead have dinner with some close friends, Martijn walked by and saved the day! He said that dinner for four was ready at his place, and Menchie bought into it! On the way to May and Martijn's apartment I swung open the door to Kurt's house (Kurt lives in the same building as May and Martijn) and the look on Menchie's face was just great! We had a wonderful evening with our friends, with delicious food and a yummy cake! Thanks everyone for coming and sharing this special evening with us!
Here are some pictures of the day...
1 comment:
That's cute! Happy belated birthday, Menchie!
Post a Comment