Sunday, September 16, 2007

Teacher's Training...

Last Saturday was Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year. It was so nice driving in the road, the streets were quiet and all Israelis were at home celebrating their New Year. That same day was our third and last teacher's training for the upcoming Bahá’í school this year, which starts on the 22nd of this month. I am going to assist in the pre-school and will be in-charge of doing activities with the children during break time. The ages of the children are from three to five years old. In the trainings I attended, I especially learned different ways of memorizing a quote or prayer, some tips on telling a story, making crafts, and also learned the new Bahá’í school song. There were also workshops on making lesson plans and class organization. The theme of the third training session was classroom management.

I am so glad I was able to attend these trainings as these are very helpful tools in teaching and training Enna-Marie at home and also for future children’s classes I will be involved with.

Here's a very nice quote we memorized during the second session that I'd like to share with you all: "According to the explicit divine Text, teaching the children is indispensable and obligatory. It followeth that teachers are servants of the Lord God, since they have arisen to perform this task, which is the same as worship. You must therefore offer praise with each breath, for you are educating your spiritual children."-‘Abdu’l-Bahá

busy discussing about classroom organization

teammates attentively listening to the person talking

our group finished first...he..he..and we were just waiting for the rest to finish their discussions

our trainings were facilitated by Irva Johnson, she's very good and very experienced

after this session we had a meeting with the parents of the children who will be attending the Bahá’í school


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Menchie, how nice to follow your blog - it brings so much happiness into my life. It's so nice to read about children classes, especially for small ones. If you remember I have a niece who turnd 3 recently and we are looking for a bahai program that could be adapted into Russian and my sister would invite ladies with their children for sich classes. Could you please tell me the name of the programme you are taking together with Enna-Marie.
looking forward for your reply, much love to your wonderful family, nadia