Thursday, April 20, 2006

An Evening in Jo'burg

On the way back from Zambia I spent the night in Johannesburg, and had a great time catching up with some old friends from the World Centre. Gloria and Nooshin picked me up from the airport, and we were joined by Semere, Gloria's cousin, and later Naysan, Gloria's brother. We drove to Johannesburg and had a delicious spicy dinner in an Ethiopian restaurant! Afterwards we had coffee in one of the shopping malls in Johannesburg, and enjoyed the time together. Next day I was on my way to Haifa again!

Thanks guys for a wonderful evening! And Gloria, I look forward to seeing some pictures of you cruising around in that red Audi A3 sometime soon :)

During dinner in the Ethiopian restaurant... Look at those dirty hands!!
With Mr. South Africa Nelson Mandela himself, towering high over us...
Having a coffee in the bookstore...
Casually waiting for the bus...

No comments: