Although we're glad to be home as a family now, we should mention that Menchie and Enna-Marie were taken care of very well by the doctors, midwives and nurses at Rambam hospital, and that we will actually miss seeing them. They were really wonderful, and helped make Menchie and Enna-Marie's stay such a good one. Two thumbs up for them!
Coming home was great! Menchie felt like she had been away for about a month, and it was so nice to finally see Enna-Marie in her new and more permanent environment. At about three o'clock she started to get a little fussy, and we realized it was time for yet another feed. Menchie and Enna-Marie are already a good team when it comes to feeding, they both seemed to have overcome the initial difficulties very quickly!
After feeding it was my turn to burp her, and then on to the first test of fatherhood: changing the diaper! According to Menchie and my mother-in-law, I gloriously passed the first test, and in the meantime I've already had a second chance to practice. Already I feel I am getting better at it :)
This afternoon and early evening Menchie and I took some time to read through all the congratulations messages we had received from our friends over the last few days. It is so nice to read the well-wishes from our friends everywhere, it really makes us feel like Enna-Marie is already part of our global family, even though most of you have yet to meet her.
Here are a few more pictures taken today.
The first three are with some of the nurses working in the nursery and maternity ward who have taken care of Menchie and Enna-Marie so well for the last six days.



On your marks, get set, GO! Enna-Marie is all dressed up and ready to go home!

And last but not least a picture of Enna-Marie at home in Haifa!

1 comment:
How cute!! Love, Nay.
Post a Comment